Production Associate - Gardena
Sakara Life is a rapidly growing organic meal delivery company. Our organic meal delivery program is based on the science behind a whole-food, plant-rich diet. Each meal is nutritionally designed to contain the optimal amount of plant-based protein, hydrating fresh produce and nutrient-dense superfoods to help balance, restore and heal the body, so our clients can look and feel their absolute best.
We are currently seeking passionate, positive and hardworking team players to join our Production team in Gardena, CA. We are a performance-based culture and reward hard work and exceptional results with competitive compensation and opportunities for growth.
- Cooking and food prep tasks including: cleaning, chopping, cooking vegetables and fruit, making sauces, baking, etc.
- Portioning soups, sauces, dressings
- Assembling, labeling, and packaging meals
- Performing daily kitchen/warehouse maintenance and cleaning tasks
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday and overtime as required
- At least 1 year of related experience preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced warehouse and kitchen environment with strict deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Exposure to refrigerated or freezer space for extended periods of time
- Excellent "can-do" attitude, strong work ethic, and great team spirit
- Must be able to bend and lift up to 49 pounds
- Ability to work in multiple roles throughout kitchen and warehouse
- Knowledge in food safety policies including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and work in environments with extreme temperature fluctuations
- Must have current Food Handler's card or be willing to get one upon hire
What you get:
- Competitive hourly wages
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid sick days (7 days)
- Excellent opportunity for advancement at a growing company
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.