Operations Project Manager
Sakara Life is a mission driven, fast-growing premium wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products and unique content to clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious and hardworking team players that share our passion for health & well-being. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara.
About this role: The Operations Project Manager will report directly to the VP, Procurement + R&D and will work highly cross-functionally with the Marketing, Operations, Creative, Finance, and Tech teams. They will be responsible for the successful execution of projects while overseeing and managing the strategic project framework for all new initiatives at Sakara. This will include planning, organizing, and managing all aspects of the overall pipeline and working directly with key stakeholders on each project - from feasibility studies, stage gate process, timeline, and resourcing. The Project Manager will be responsible for communicating out updates on the overall pipeline to the executive team and any key stakeholders to ensure all expectations are met. This role will also require one-off analysis and support on various operational projects. Lastly, this role will support the operations team with maintenance and reporting on various data sets such as labor tracking and the menu survey.
You’ll love this role if: You are hyper detail-oriented and obsess over not letting small things fall through the cracks. You are a strong communicator and like to work with diverse personalities across multiple departments. You are a self-starter, not afraid to roll up your sleeves, and love to improve systems and drive clarity. Also helpful if you are highly proficient in spreadsheets and powerpoint. You like to function collaboratively with positivity, resilience, and a strong work ethic!
- Develop and execute project plans for the strategic project framework
- Manage project resourcing, budgets, and timelines with key stakeholders and project leads
- Assign and monitor project tasks
- Communicate with project leads to identify and resolve project issues
- Develop and implement project change management plans
- Provide data insights and prepare overall project reports and presentations
- Serve as the project lead for operations focused projects
- Conduct feasibility and cost analysis where necessary for various projects
- Send out the weekly meal survey and work with our VP, Procurement + R&D to conduct deeper analysis of weekly reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in a project management role
- PMP certification preferred
- ERP experience preferred
- Experience in managing complex projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to juggle multiple deadlines while staying focused and organized
- Advanced level of experience in creating and manipulating Excel/Powerpoint/Google Sheets
- Experience with BI and ERP systems and proven track record optimizing implementation and use across the business
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be highly organized with the ability to prioritize effectively
- Must be a team player, motivated by challenge, and an excellent communicator
The pay band for this role is $80,000-$100,000.
This role will work across our HQ location in SoHo Manhattan as well as our Long Island City, Queens Kitchen Production Facility. We are a hybrid work environment and 3 days in person will be required.
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.