Director, Branded Product Innovation
Sakara Life is a mission driven, premium wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products, and unique content to clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious, and hardworking team players that share our passion for health & well-being. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara.
About the Role: As the Director of Branded Product Innovation, you’ll lead the end-to-end ideation, product development, and commercialization of new Sakara products across wellness categories (fresh food and CPG). You will create and oversee our short-term and long-term innovation strategy including proactively identifying market trends, customer insights, emerging technologies and business opportunities. Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing and Creative Officer, you will be responsible for creating and exemplifying an ABI “Always be Improving” culture that is client-centric and drives superior product-market fit.
You’ll love this role if: You are a strong conceptual thinker, researcher and operator with a passion for innovation, nutrition and creativity. You love to develop new products as well as enhance our existing portfolio. You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and are proficient at managing multiple projects, products and stakeholders. You are highly organized, detail-oriented and love proactively finding solutions to complex problems. You have a passion for wellness and nutrition and you’re excited to become an integral part of Sakara’s Brand and Innovation team.
- Lead end-to-end ideation, product development, and commercialization across wellness categories (fresh food and CPG)
- Manage stakeholders cross-functionally to ensure a smooth and comprehensive stage gate process and clear briefs that reflects all business objectives and considerations
- Work closely with operations to develop vendor relationships and hold teams and vendors accountable to developing specifications and formulations that meet the appropriate regulatory and consumer requirements
- Establish yourself as a leader - to always be relied upon 100% and become a trusted contact for your colleagues across all internal departments.
- Proactively keep cross-functional partners and leadership teams informed - be able to anticipate issues before they arise
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the health and wellness space, monitoring key trends and identifying opportunities for Sakara
Innovate products and concepts that create new business opportunities
- Execute innovative product development and pipeline strategy in support of the brand's strategic direction and priorities and informed by identification of awareness & retention drivers
- In partnership with cross-functional Directors and Insight team, carry out white space opportunities based on findings from consumer insights, CRM data and brand vision/mission
- Execute 12-month detailed calendar through marketing and experience programs in partnership with Growth and Brand Managers
- In partnership with Ops & Finance build the business case for innovation and product development
- Prepare Concept Development briefs for approval by Executive teams
Product strategy that drives business and reinforces brand equity
- In partnership with CMO, develop the product marketing strategy including product architecture/merchandising strategy, product launch process and go-to-market strategy
- Work with Marketing Analysts to collect and analyze sales trends, category shifts, COG changes, market intelligence and competition
- Complete quarterly reports and tracking for board meetings
- Contribute to recommendations to seize market based on analysis
- Conduct ad hoc business analysis requests as needed
Launch GTM plans that incorporate 360 elements
- Execute the timely digital-first campaign launches focused on the consumer journey within designated budget and COG targets
- Prepare creative briefs for all programs and launches and coordinate communication with the Creative & Marketing team
- Work strategically and seamlessly with in-house creative and marketing teams to develop all marketing
- Support the Nutrition Manager in coordinating claims testing of insight-based consumer concepts with external partners.
Finance and Budget Management
- In partnership with marketing and operations team track performance of all products within the portfolio and report both weekly and quarterly to CMO
- Work with Finance and operations team to develop product forecasts and budgets
Leverage key insights from Marketing Analyst and CX Insights team to inform decisions
- Utilize analytics throughout function to accomplish strategic goals.
- Use data to inform decision-making for strategy development and adjustments as necessary
- 8-10+ years of branded product innovation and management experience at a dynamic, fast-paced agency, start up or CPG company
- Proficient at building and owning GTM strategies, comfortable with managing up and across the company to ensure everyone is clear on next steps, timings, and implications
- Understanding of measurement techniques and reporting
- Highly strategic with an elevated creative eye
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- A creative problem solver who thrives in ambiguity and thrives in a start-up environment
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Passion for health, wellness, nutrition, and/or fashion a plus
The pay band for this role is $115,000 to $160,000
This role is based in New York, NY and is hybrid. You will be asked to be in the office 3 days per week.
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.