Technical Product Manager
Sakara Life is a mission driven, fast-growing wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products and unique content to clients nationwide. We embody a positive and uplifting work environment where we encourage a growth mindset. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious and hardworking team players that share our passion for health and well-being. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara.
About this role: As a product manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of critical technologies and tools to help us scale. This includes the development of our subscription management and client management software. You will help implement and integrate 3rd party software with our internal systems. This role will help shape the strategy of our production, order management, and backend systems. This role will introduce automation and assist with development and implementation across our NYC and LA kitchens. This role will sit in our Product team and report directly to our Director of Product.
You’ll love this role if: You’re a hands on problem solver who enjoys building and implementing all things tech. You have an agile and test driven mentality and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and growth company environment.
- Define, manage and execute the backend software product roadmap
- Develop business cases, set objectives and key metrics for products and features
- Own feature design and development from beginning to end. Includes identifying feature needs, gathering requirements across stakeholders, prioritizing appropriately, writing technical user stories, collaborating with development teams, leading all testing phases, supporting implementation and iterating based on feedback
- Assist in implementation of 3rd party systems and automation
- Drive integration between 3rd party systems and internal systems
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Effectively prioritize and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Measure the impact of features launched and understand the resulting trends using analytics and data
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders and work cross functionally to ensure alignment and smooth execution
- Find the balance between doing the right thing for the external client, the internal customers and the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field
- 3-5 years of Product Manager experience
- Experience in developing and/or implementing ERP, WMS, MES systems
- Comfortable working with front-end and backend development teams
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience at a startup or demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivering results in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about Sakara’s mission and has a client-first approach
- Proactive and self-motivated to identify and solve problems
- Comfortable with working both collaboratively and ambiguously
- Solid technical background with a deep understanding of software development
- Excited to be in a fast-paced environment and enjoy getting into the details when needed
The pay band for this role is $110,000 - $125,000
This role is based out of our HQ in NYC (3 days a week in office are required)
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.