Director, Product Sourcing and Operations
Sakara Life is a mission driven, premium wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products, and unique content to clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious, and hardworking team players that share our passion for health & well-being. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara.
About the role: We are seeking a Director of Product Sourcing & Operations to build and manage the supplier and co-manufacturer network for Sakara Life’s Nutrition and Supplement products. This is a highly strategic and cross-functional role that will set and execute the strategy that takes Sakara to the next level in these categories. You will lead efforts to make sure all pieces of our supplier network fit seamless together managing for quality, cost, resiliency, agility and scalability. You will challenge the status quo and be a voice for change on the Operations team and do what it takes to unlock growth for Sakara.
You’ll love this role if: You are an experienced Operations leader that is excited about leading a growing products business to new heights. You are an expert negotiator and relationship builder that is able to balance multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders to create win-win outcomes for all. You are comfortable in a cross-functional role in a fast-paced environment with a passion for collaboration and co-creation. You are energized by Sakara’s mission and are passionate about building products that meet our clients’ most important needs.
- Develop a supply chain network with agile, reliable and responsive contract manufacturers, suppliers, and 3PL’s to support a growing Sakara business High quality and competitive cost within the network are a given.
- Spearhead the co-manufacturing packaging and raw material sourcing strategy to scale Sakara’s Nutrition & Supplements portfolio to the next level
- Lead co-manufacturer sourcing, vetting, contract negotiation and relationship management to build network of best-in-class partners that meet the highest food safety, quality and nutrition standards
- Partner with Strategy and Customer Marketing teams to identify prioritize product innovation, renovation and category expansion opportunities
- Play a key role in R&D / product development process ensuring scalability of new formulations from a cost and operational perspective
- Drive internal collaboration across teams to ensure timely scale up of new vendors and new products bringing the voice of external partners and supply chain conditions to internal conversations
- Build cross-functional relationships with Fresh Meals Operations team to ensure seamless integration of Sakara’s offerings from the customer perspective
- Partner with Finance to make critical decisions on product and operations investments optimizing across cost, quality, resiliency and scalability objectives
- Develop a lean Product Operations team by imparting your experience and creating opportunities for the team to learn and grow
- Communicate product manufacturing initiatives to the leadership team and drive engagement company-wide in support of these objectives
- Lead and develop a team of supply chain professionals
- Ensure timely execution of all new product launches
- Manage our 3PL partnership ensuring proper service levels, quality, inventory accuracy all at a competitive cost structure.
- 7+ years of experience in operations / supply chain management
- Experience in a start-up consumer products and/or food company is preferred
- Previous experience managing against tight deadlines in fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Strategic thinker – ability to interpret data and information quickly and balance solving for near-term issues and building resilience for long-term growth
- Relationship builder – ability to collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external partners and effectively engage all stakeholders on a cohesive strategy
- Team leader – ability to support professional development of team and willingness to take on any task required to get the job done
- Analytical / results-driven – ability to track and measure progress against stated goals and prioritize highest-gain activities
- Strong communicator – ability to deliver timely and effective communications to ensure all stakeholders are informed and aligned
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts
- Experience working with an ERP system including MRP
The pay band for this role is $120,000 to $140,000
This role will work across our HQ location in SoHo Manhattan as well as our Long Island City, Queens Kitchen Production Facility. We are a hybrid work environment and 3 days in person will be required.
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.