Sakara Life is a mission-driven, premium wellness brand helping people nourish themselves by providing ready-to-eat nutrition programs, functional products, and unique content to clients nationwide. We are seeking smart, passionate, ambitious, and hardworking team players that share our passion. You will be responsible for “turning thoughts into things” and helping manifest the future of Sakara.
About the role: We are seeking a Director, Retention to join our team in NYC. Your primary focus will be on knowing our customers in and out to drive increased satisfaction and engagement. You will dig into: What motivates our customers’ purchase? What are their purchasing patterns and what drives reorder? When are they most likely to churn? What are the key opportunities for improving their experience and driving loyalty? etc. You’ll then ideate and drive initiatives end-to-end that increase customer satisfaction, engagement, and lifetime value. In addition, you’ll oversee a team and marketing channels that play a critical role in customer engagement.
This role is critical to our continued growth, ensuring customers are coming back more frequently, trying more products and promoting Sakara to others. You’ll be a member of the Marketing team and work cross-functionally with our Creative, Operations, and Client Service teams, with significant exposure to Senior Leadership.
You’ll love this role if: you can’t wait to get your hands on customer and sales data to uncover interesting insights. You’re constantly trying out new brands or following brands via email and social to observe their customer experience and it bugs you when you see obvious opportunities for how they can improve loyalty. You want to be thrown into an exciting, high-growth environment, building a company that is at the forefront of wellness, food, and healthy living.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customer through data analysis and extracting insights on acquisition sources, order patterns, cohort behavior, and churn
- Develop our customer retention and reengagement strategy that reflects key drivers of retention and customer journeys
- Oversee client communications and lifecycle marketing
- Further develop our customer segmentation strategy and customer personas to deliver a more tailored experience
- Deliver a great first customer experience and continued engagement with Sakara nutrition programs and wellness products
- Architect targeted client communications (e.g., email trigger flows, site pop-ups, SMS, push, etc) based on insights and deep understanding of customer journeys
- Manage team members who deploy these communications
- Coordinate and give input into other teams that are communicating directly with clients
- Partner in developing our overall marketing calendar, including overseeing tentpole campaigns and seasonal campaigns that excite and engage our clients
- Oversee and optimize our loyalty and referral program
- Identify and work cross-functionally to pursue product, marketing and customer service opportunities that better engage customers along their journey and increase LTV; this could include new products or programs, pricing adjustments, and operational changes
- Define key metrics for retention success, develop dashboards, monitor and report regularly to leadership
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of high-performing retention marketers
- 8+ years experience in analytical / strategic marketing roles, preferably with background in CRM, customer analytics, retention marketing, marketing or customer strategy
- Experience in D2C eCommerce strongly preferred; even better if you have experience in a subscription business
- Data-driven decision-maker with continuous desire to analyze and further improve performance
- Strong track record in concepting initiatives, managing projects with little direction, and driving measurable results
- Experience in developing and delivering loyalty, referrals and rewards programs
- Creative problem-solver with demonstrated ability in a resource-constrained / start-up environment
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of working cross-functionally to meet joint goals
- Passionate people manager with an emphasis on coaching and development
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, and adaptable - a 'no job is too small' mindset
- Passion for health and wellness, in particular Sakara's mission of changing people's lives through the power of food as medicine
- Experience working with and implementing lifecycle marketing technology, including Klayvio, YOTPO, Simon Data, Jebbit and Google Analytics
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Suite and G-Suite
The pay band for this role is $135,000-$155,000.
This role is based in New York, NY and is hybrid. You will be asked to be in the office 3 days per week.
Sakara Life is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.