Sakara Life is a fast-growing premium lifestyle brand that is building the future of health and wellness. Sakara’s organic, plant-based meal program and healthy snacks are loved by Gwyneth Paltrow, Lily Aldridge and countless other celebrities, and is regularly seen in the New York Times, Vogue, and major lifestyle publications.
We’re looking for a Manager of Retention Marketing to shape the next stage of our customer engagement and lifecycle marketing program. Reporting directly to our VP of Customer Strategy, you’ll play an integral role in customer engagement, retention and loyalty initiatives, including our email marketing program, CRM, and retention campaigns. This position involves strategy and hands-on execution, giving you the opportunity to be both a thought leader and roll up your sleeves to take action and drive results.
You’ll love this role if you enjoy testing ideas, digging into data, thinking creatively, listening to customers, and working in the premium health and wellness space.
- Develop and continually refine our retention marketing strategy to increase revenue, reduce churn, win back lapsed customers, and increase customer engagement
- Develop and execute retention campaigns – including coming up with campaign ideas, working with our creative team on copy and assets, building emails or other communication, designing distribution lists, and deploying the campaign
- Manage our communications calendar and identify opportunities to engage customers at key points in their lifecycle and/or based on their customer profile
- Develop and manage our segmentation, targeting and personalization strategy, including key messages, automated emails and perks by segment
- Concept and run A/B tests to optimize results
- Manage our vendor relationships, including email service provider
- Monitor engagement KPIs, analyze underlying trends, and regularly discuss with senior leadership
- Work closely with all teams, particularly marketing, tech, and customer service
- 2-5 years of experience in high performance environment, including experience in customer engagement, retention marketing, email marketing, and/or CRM
- Proven track record of owning projects and driving business results
- Experience designing, building and sending email or other marketing campaigns
- Excitement to constantly test ideas, analyze results, and iterate
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Comfort with Excel. HTML, Photoshop and Illustrator skills preferred
- Scrappy enough to get things done brilliantly and beautifully despite limited resources
- Extreme attention to details and brand consistency
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work hard
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and across teams